Wednesday, September 19, 2012

'Waiting On' Wednesday :)


We're waiting, we're waiting, we're waiting.. have you heard P!nk's new song, "Walk of Shame"? At one point she sings "we're walking, we're walking..", it's such a good song. Wait, why was I saying this? Oh yeah, I was thinking of that song when I wrote the first line.
But you don't care.
All right.


So what am I waiting on? I'm waiting for so many books right now, I don't even know which one to despair on.
So this is what I'm choosing..



Author: Laini Taylor
Book: Days of Blood and Starlight
Series: Daughter of Smoke and Bone


This is the sequel to the amazing debut novel "Daughter of Smoke and Bone."
This series is set in the beautiful Prague, which is one of the European cities I'm craving to visit, so that's definitely a point in its favor for what concerns me.
The main character is Karou, a seventeen-year-old girl with blue hair and a passion for drawing.
The hottie we have here is Akiva. He is an angel, and he's unexplicably tied to Karou. At least, they don't know the reason of their connection until the end of book one.

I am so in love with this series already. I love Laini Taylor's style of writing. She is so good. She's great at descritpions and that's pretty awesome because it really gives you the feeling of being in Prague, with all the dark alleys and the cathedrals. Also the vampire tours her ex boyfriend gives give you a really nice feeling of, you know, the typical Prague customs and traditions.
Also, such fluid writing gets you lost in the book. I lost myself in the pages, as the book flew word after word, and it felt so good.

So I have high expectations on this one and I'm waiting for it! It comes out in November so it's only two months away. (yay! *happy dance*)
The paranormal twist given to this story is pretty new. As in, I've never read anything like it, so I'm  soooooo excited about it. :)


Author: A. E. Rought
Book: Broken


This is coming out in January, and I'm so hyped. Have you ever read Frankenstein? I have and I loved it.
Anyway, this book kind of reminds of it at some points, the goodreads synopsis says.

Basically Broken is the story of a girl, Emma, who's super in love with her boyfriend, Daniel.
And then he dies.
She can't seem to move on with her life, she feels him everywhere she goes. And then she meets a stranger who reminds her of him. There's something weird with him, with the way he talks and the connection she feels she has with him.
She realizes he reminds her too much of Daniel.
And when she finally discovers the truth.. her world will never be the same.

Ah, how I love finishing my bried synopsis with those big, scary sentences. I honestly hate it when authors do that, but I love it when I do it myself.
I'm weird.
Anyway, this book sounds so freaking and I'm so exicted about it. I'm a little less excited at the idea that we'll maybe be all dead by the time it's supposed to come out. (quick survey: do you believe in the end of the world? The one scheduled to happen in December? Comment!)
If we're not, then good for us and good for this author. And if we do.. I'll just be sad that I didn't have the chance to read all these amazing books.

At least Days of Blood and Starlight comes out in time. Bet Laini did in on purpose. (bet she didn't, but whatevaah.)



All right, so these are two of the books I'm waiting for right now. I have so many, maybe I'll be done listing them two per-week in a year. Of course by then I'll have another kilometric list to talk about. So yeah, NEVERENDING WAITING ON WEDNESDAY. *scary mad face* *laughs hysterically*


So tell me what you thiiink. Have you heard of this book already? Does any of you by any chance own an ARC or something? If you do, you're a lucky bi%&c. With all the affection one can tie to that word without sounding sarcastic.




Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment