Monday, September 10, 2012

The Mortal Instruments cast

So here's the cast for The Mortal Instruments! Finally.
Going from left to right, we've got:

Robert Sheehan as Simon

Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace
Lily Collins as Clary
Kevin Zegers as Alec
Jemima West as Isabelle


So what do you think? 

I'll admit to you that at first I wasn't convinced with Jamie as Jace, but with time I got used to the idea and looking at him now, he'd make a really great Jace. I really like the confidence he's showing in this picture, which totally reminds me of his character. Swag, swag, swag. ;)

As for Robert, oh wow. I love this actor. I love him as an actor, and I love him just by looking at him (come on, he's hot) and I love this dark curly hair of his (I have a weakness for curly dark hair). He'd made a perfect Simon, I just know. I imagined Simon to be a little less hot, but then in the last two books of the series he became THE SHIT, so I guess a hot actor impersonating him is just awesome.
As for Lily.. well, yeah, she's a nice Clary.
My problems are with Kevin and Jemima, though.
I'm sorry, but Kevin Zegers looks like he's thirty-five or something (and maybe he is? I don't know, to be honest), while Alec's supposed to be eighteen. I just can't see him at all.
As for Jemima.. she looks really nice and all, but how the heck could they pick her as Isabelle? First off, Isabelle's supposed to be tall, and instead here she's even shorter than Clary (which is saying something, since Clary's supposed to be pretty much a dwarf's twin). Not to mention, and don't take it the wrong way, but this girl's thighs are not that slim. And it's not like I have anything to say about that. I mean, who am I to talk? But what I'm saying is that Isabelle should supposedly be tall and slim and fit and Jemima is the total opposite. The only thing she's got going on for her at this point is.. well, nothing. She should have black hair and nearly black eyes, and she's got none of that.
I'm seriously wondering, why did they pick her?

Anyway, enough with my ranting. That's how I see it. I'm excited to see how this movie will turn out. And I'm confident that if they picked actors that weren't exactly how the book described them means they are so good they couldn't be wasted. At least I hope so.

So tell me what you think!


Update: Have you guys seen the actor playing Magnus Bane yet? Because I hadn't! And damn me that I hadn't! 

Okay first of all it's right to mention that I have a weird obsession for Asian people, just so we're clear on that and you can better understand my excitement over this.


I think I'm in love!  I thought Robert (Simon) was hot, but he's pretty much inconsistent compared to this puuurrfectness.
Okay, I know, I'm fangirling. I'm having a crisis of fangirling right now. And the ironic  part is that I'm obsessed with Taiwanese  dramas but I'd never seen any starring him!
How is that possible?

Anyway, this new choice of character made me excited for the City of Bones movie to come out ten times more!
Can't wait.
WHO'S EXCITEEEED!?


No comments:

Post a Comment