Monday, September 17, 2012

Back to school

And now even in Italy school's started.
Wow, this summer passed in a blink of an eye. When I think about it I see a blur and then here we are. Yet so much has happened. I can't wrap my head around it.
Anyway, today was my first day. If I was in the US, I'd be a senior. Since I'm from Italy, I still have two more years of high school ahead of me to bear.

So, what do you think I did as soon as I was out of the building, to cheer myself up?
YEAH.
BOOK SHOPPING.

First of all, I bought two books which I had already read on my kindle, but my library is kind of slow with English books so I couldn't get my hands on a paperback sooner.
That would be City of Lost Souls and Clockwork Prince, both by Cassandra Clare. To be honest, I had pre-ordered Clockwork Prince online last year, but somehow I never got it. The thing is, when no one is home, they leave the mail out of the door for everyone to see and grab. And I guess that's what someone did, because the order was marked as delivered and dispatched but I never saw it.
Story of my life.

Anyway, I also bought two new books: One I'd already seen on goodreads, and I had a half intention to give it a try. Plus I found a paperback right in front of me in the bookshop, so I just had to buy it. English YA books are hard to come by in my city, you know?
And the other one is a manga (comic book), which I bought because I felt like it and the cover was cute.

So here they are in all their bookish beautyyy


Number one: The Catastrophic History Of You And Me.
Author: Jess Rothenberg

Basically, from what I can gather from the synopsis, this book's about a girl who dies of broken heart. Literally. Her boyfriend breaks up with her and the pain is just too much so there--she's gone.
Now she has to face her grief and try to move on.




I admit the thing that draws me most about this book is the title. It's cute. I can't help it. I love cute titles.
It does have some high ratings on goodreads, particularly given by people who usually have really good taste in books, so I'm excited to start it and see how it goes.


Number two: Cosplay Animal
Author: Watari Sakou

Here the main character is a nineteen-year-old girl who's for some reason attracted to younger guys. So when she starts crushing on a high schooler, she starts faking to be his age and even dresses up as a high school student.



I love this cover! It's so unbearably sweet. Hahaha. I can't wait to see how this story develops and how the characters are structured. From the synopsis of the manga I would've ventured that the girl was the bossy one and the guy a sweetheart, but judging from this cover I have to take it back!
Do you guys read manga? Or do you just read books? I personally prefer books, because in the end a manga is just dialogues while a book is the whole deal, but sometimes it's just fun to read one.





Anyway, I'm not done with my daily shopping. I also bought three other books I recently read but I didn't have the paperback yet. These three I ordered online:



~ Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (one of my favorite books)
~ Obsidian & Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout (kickass series)


I can't wait to have the babies in my hands. Aaah. *fangirl moment*
Anna and the French Kiss was one of the BEST books I have ever read. And it's contemporary chick-lit, so it's supposed to be good and cute, but AATFK was just amazing. Stephanie Perkins wrote such real characters, such realistic ambientations and behaviours that I was just transfixed.
AND I also got a new book boyfriend.
Etienne St. Clair. Ah, St. Clair. What a beautiful person.





All right so I guess that's all for today. Oh in case you're wondering, yes, I kind of spent a lot. But books are priceless. <3
So tell me if you've read any of these books and what you thought of them! Especially TCHOYAM (title's too long to be written more than once in a blog post), since I still have to read it.

Have a good day/evening! 
Elena




No comments:

Post a Comment